Saturday, August 8, 2015

the drive in!

 We've been keeping an eye on the development of the one and only drive in theater around. It's a little bit over an hour away, and totally worth the drive.
It's still under construction, but this was their opening weekend, so we figured it was a great time to check it out!
 I didn't even tell the kids where we were going.
When we got there, I still don't think they knew where we were! They've never been to a drive in. 
When I told them exactly what would be happening though, they were all beyond thrilled.
 It was Matt's first night off since he's been back to work, so I had to drag him. He's a homebody and would love to just hang out in his pajamas on his night off. I wasn't having that though, and he was glad I talked him into it. He got a real kick out of it.
 Kristyn and Brian, the nerds. They treated us all to the night out! Totally unexpected. 
Michelle was there too, but I somehow missed a photo of her. Darnit.
 Matt and I dragged the seats out of our van, so some kids could sit on the benches. We also had a load on the top of the van. Needless to say, we had the "fun" vehicle, and everyone else was kid-less and got to enjoy a movie in their peace and quiet. I was deemed "the kid-lifter, tak-er-downer, and pop-corn passer. :)
 We watched The Minion Movie, and part of Jurassic World. It was 11:30 by the time Jurassic World started, and Hailey was watching the dinosaurs a little bit too intently for my comfort level, especially because they were, indeed, eating people. 
Matt and I had just seen the movie a couple weeks beforehand, so we were okay with leaving at that point.

It was a really fun night out, and I think it will be one of our go-to activities. I'm just so happy to see one open up around here! My mom and dad took us all the time when we were kids, but they all closed down many years ago. 
One of those childhood memories I'll never forget, and now my kids get to experience it as well. So cool!

No comments: