Thursday, September 10, 2015

big boy

Look who's sleeping in his own bed.
Yes, I know. He's two years old. 
I don't rush these things, people. 
 He's been happy in the crib, and I was feeling pretty good knowing that he couldn't walk around the house at night without me knowing. This is something he would do. 
So, I kept the crib around. 
For the last while though, I have been bugging Matt to build him a bed. I threatened to just cut the legs off the crib, and do it that way, and since Matt's a perfectionist and a little OCD, this got him motivated to do it right. 
He took apart the crib, and pieced it back together to make the perfect little toddler bed.  
Within 20 minutes of his first night, he was on the floor. 
We changed things slightly, and now it's perfect. 
He's been sleeping in it every night, and I don't even have to sneak him in. He willfully goes in, gets tucked in tight, and he stays for most of the night. 
When he does wake up a few hours before dawn, I gladly take him back to my bed for the rest of the night. 
:) 



No comments: