Friday, July 22, 2016

swim day!

My goal at the beginning of the summer was to spend our entire summer break at my mom and dad's, in their pool. 
I wanted to get these kids in the water. Gracie's a little mermaid, but Hanna, Hailey and Ben needed a little more encouragement to get into the chilly water and get comfortable in it. 
So far, Hailey is great. Ben has been making great progress, but Hanna? She's petrified of the bottom of the pool. Not sure why. I think it has to do with how it looks to her. There's a design on it, which probably looks pretty funky under the water, but the poor kid is scared stiff of it. She can even touch the bottom now, if only she would try. I'm sure once she felt it once, she would be fine. It's just getting her to do it that first time...
We'll work on it anyway. 
For now, she floats in there as long as she's with someone. Usually me, or my mom. 

Anyway, today we had a great day at my mom's. We spent the whole day there. Hanna came in a few times with me, and the rest of the kids basically stayed in. It was too hot to do anything else!  

(Excuse the cellphone pictures)

 




 






 
 
 
  



No comments: