Sunday, September 4, 2016

Labour Day

My mom put on an amazing Labour "Sunday Funday" for one last big hurrah of summer! 
It was awesome. We spent the day eating (of course), drinking, playing with water balloons, swimming (if you were a crazy kid who didn't mind the cold!), and visiting with friends and family.
I didn't get any photos of that part of the day because there was just too much going on! Almost everyone came, from Aunts and Uncles, to friends with their kids. It was just so much fun.

The evening was finished off with an outdoor movie projected onto Michelle's VW van, "the winnie", and a bonfire with marshmallows. 
We are so spoiled. 

 
 
Matt and I spent the night in the tent with the kids, and Michelle slept in the winnie with hers. Kristyn pooped out and cheated and went home leaving her kids to fend for themselves in their tent. Ha!
 

 In the morning Mom and Dad came out to get a fire started, and fire-cook waffles with syrup and whipped cream. 
It was an amazing way to spend the last official day of summer break. 
I'm hoping this is going to become another one of our perfect family traditions.
 
I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it...but I am blessed with the most **incredible** parents. 
:)

No comments: