Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween

Another Halloween came and went, and we survived. 
I will honestly say that Halloween is one of my least favourite days. Ever. 
Ugh. Aside from the excitement of the kids, and the giant bowls of candy I get to steal from, I just don't like the hustle and craziness it brings. We're always last minute. Always. 
And that causes us to rush, usually it's freezing and raining, and I'm always so happy when it's done. 😫

This year we did get lucky, and it was a gorgeous night. 
My dad took out the tractor - one thing that everyone (including me) looks forward to. Going to all of the family's houses on the tractor is so much fun!

This year I had a little pirate, who stayed out the entire time and ran to every single house with his bag and his sword being sure that the candy-giver heard his "thank you" every single time. I also had a cowgirl, who showed the same energy as the pirate, but was a little more wearing of the "scary houses". Then there was Marianne, the fairy (from Strange Magic). She had a hard time getting around in the dark this year and made sure to not let go of my hand unless she was holding her bag open for some "sweet treats!".  My little Indian girl was deemed "Hand-Holder of one of the Littles" for some of the night, but the majority of it she spent running from door to door, as happily as a pig in poo. 
 
Jim and Crystal and their kids came along, and so did Jocelyn and Miley. It was a great night, and surprisingly very enjoyable and relaxed.  
Here's some (very bad and very few) photos from the night. We are all such a mess! 
Fourteen kids and eight crazy adults.






 And Halloween 2016, that's a wrap!

No comments: