Monday, December 19, 2016

Math.

Math is hard for my Hanna. Everything is harder for my Hanna, but she doesn't let anyone know it. She's a trooper, and a faker, and she'll fool you into thinking she sees something (or knows something) with her amazing memory skills. 
She's a smarty pants, but math is definitely one of those things that has just proven to be hard for visually impaired kids, and Hanna is following the pattern. When it comes to geometry, patterns, measurement or time, heck! Even place value, the kids knows her stuff! But give her a simple addition problem, and she gets lost. I'm not sure what it is, but it just wont click. For the simplest equation she still needs to use objects to count. Same with subtraction. I haven't even attempted multiplication yet. It's tough, and she gets frustrated, and I hate that the most. 
I've tried so many different programs, and strategies, and I think it's coming slowly, but jeeze. 
Check out that photo above though. Don't her numbers look awesome?! I simply gave her the instructions to count by tens and write the numbers in the boxes and she did it. Fast. Like, literally I turned around to help Gracie and she was half done. She's doing really really great. She really is. I think that's why it's so frustrating when something that I know she should be able to do, is so darn hard for the poor kid! 
It'll come. All in time. 

No comments: